Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lent 24

In praise of the I AM who was and is and will be:

On the wings of the eagle I soar to the high reaches of the mountains, to the desolate snows of Mount Everest and the trembling sides of Redoubt Volcano---and your fierce love is there.

On the currents of the ocean I sink past the bright and busy coral reef to the deep canyon of unimaginable glowing sea creatures---and your startling beauty is there.

On the rising steam of hot ugali and stewed goat meat I laugh with the crowd of bodies dancing and children weaving throughout---and your brilliant music is there.

On the pulsing beam over Cape May Point I marvel at the seasons changing across land, bay, ocean, land, bay, ocean, land, bay, ocean---and your steadfast light is there.

How precious is your steadfast love, O God.
With you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

(Psalm 36:5-9)

No comments: