Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lent 8

Bless the Lord, o my soul,
and celebrate God's beauty
in the diversity of all people made in God's image
in the trees that lift their branches to give God praise
in the birds that greet the Light with their songs

Bless the Lord, o my soul,
and remember God's faithfulness
through storms that overwhelmed me with pounding waves
through deserts where the word of the Lord could not be found
through seasons of planting and harvesting this life that God claims

Bless the Lord, o my soul,
and be joyful on the pilgrimage to God's holy mountain
where neighbors and enemies alike will find common ground
where weariness will not slow our tongues' proclamation of good news
where all people will stand in unity with the poor and imprisoned

Bless the Lord, o my soul,
and bless God's holy name

No comments: