Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lent 12

Hear my prayer, O Lord

I am poured out today
Weak at the knees
And gasping for breath

Hear my prayer, O Lord

Death flaunts at every corner
Life's protest is feeble
Friends hide away in fear

Hear my prayer, O Lord

How long must I be bent over
How long will fatigue win
Before you renew my song of hope?

Hear my prayer, O Lord

Do not be far away when I need you
Bend your ear to hear my cries
Walk with me through this death to living waters

Hear my prayer, O Lord

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was exactly how I was feeling yesterday when I looked to the Lord for strength to overcome one of my personal fears. Not death as an end but the death of a fear knocking on my door. I am learning. God is fascinating in how he connects us and calls to us through others. Thank you for sharing.