Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lent 18

Bless the LORD, my soul!
Bless the LORD, o my troubled soul!

As the earth trembles and quakes,
bless the LORD
who forgets not the devastated and the orphaned.
Bless the LORD, my soul,
and quake in your daily comforts.

As death and violence defy the renewal of life in spring,
bless the LORD
who knows the secret of breathing life into dry bones.
Bless the LORD, my soul,
and be rattled by the Spirit to challenge systemic violence.

As the sick and the poor and the discouraged are bypassed
on the road to big business and big military and big money,
bless the LORD
who stands with the widow and the accused and the bleeding out.
Bless the LORD, my soul,
and choose your path carefully before passing by.

Bless the LORD, my soul!
Bless the LORD, o my troubled soul!

No comments: