Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Remembering To Breathe

Because your world, O God, is bigger than mine,
I will remember to breathe and open my eyes.

Because discovery is delicious to the soul, O God,
I will remember to breathe and be inquisitive.

Because humanity is both brilliant and destructive
-- and because we both know that I can be too --
I will remember to breathe and not just barrel along.

Because dawn is ever merciful and life is always full,
O God, I will remember to breathe and take my rest.

Because the ancients and elders have much to teach us,
O God, I will remember to breathe and listen closely.

Because tomorrow beckons and I forget to be present,
-- because I get wrapped up in my life's unfolding --
O God, I will remember to breathe and laugh and love.


2 comments:

jesusscribbles said...

This is great! Thanks for posting.

Rachel Hackenberg said...

Thank you, jesusscribbles, and nice to meet you! Lovely to peruse your site/blog.